The Clean Propulsion Technologies project is organising an open final seminar 22.11.2023 10-17 (EET) via Zoom. You’re welcome to hear the main results of the project from the perspective of both research organisations and companies, and to hear the experts’ views on what’s next in the field of clean propulsion technologies. Please register for the event using the link below. You will receive the Zoom link in the confirmation email.
The common goal of the Clean Propulsion Technologies (2021-2023) project consortium is to secure the position of global technology leadership position of the Finnish powertrain industry by creating a common vision and sustainable business solutions. The project’s high-impact demonstrators include an ultra-clean RCCI medium-speed marine engine and a zero-carbon hydrogen off-road engine platform. These are complemented by new aftertreatment solutions, and the system-level focus is underlined by an innovative hybrid working machine prototype. The project is co-funded by Business Finland and coordinated by the University of Vaasa.
You can get a glimpse of all these innovative solutions by attending the final Clean Propulsion Technologies review meeting!
Register via this link: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/EP/79894B04458779E8
10.00-11:45 Session 1
- Maciej Mikulski, UVA: Opening speech
- Mika Grundström, UVA: Strategic research directions of the University of Vaasa for sustainable energy transition
- Tero Ijäs, Business Finland: Business Finland’s perspective on the impacts of the CPT project
- Ismo Hämäläinen, AGCO Power: Role of hydrogen and electrification in emission reduction in agricultural machinery
- Jonas Åkerman, Wärtsilä: CPT-project – enabler of a sustainable future
13:00-15:00 Session 2
- Magnus Hellström & Anastasia Tsvetkova, ÅAU: A technology roadmap for the Finnish clean propulsion industry (WP1)
- Kai Zenger, Aalto: Virtual sensors and control (WP2)
- Maciej Mikulski, UVA: Novel combustion and advanced aftertreatment (WP3)
- Petteri Multanen, TAU: Multiple power source propulsion (WP4)
15:30-17:00 Session 3
- Piotr Bielaczyc, Bosmal: Decarbonisation, Green Deal, Fit for 55 as the main drivers of marine and off-road propulsion technology development
- Panel Discussion: Towards next generation marine and off-road powertrains. Host: Piotr Bielaczyc, Bosmal. Panelists: Tero Ijäs, Business Finland; Arno Amberla, Proventia; Ismo Hämäläinen, AGCO Power, Christer Wik, Wärtsilä; Teuvo Maunula, Dinex